We do recover!
By John B.
From time to time, we hear speakers share that they don’t really
understand spiritual principles yet. They tell us that if we knew what
went on in their minds, we’d be amazed at how insane they still are.
They tell us that the longer they’re clean, the less they know about
anything. In the next breath, these same speakers tell us about the
profound changes recovery has made in their lives. They have moved from
complete despair to unfailing hope, from uncontrollable drug use to
total abstinence, from chronic unmanageability to responsibility through
working the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. Which story is true?
Do we or don’t we recover?
We may think we demonstrate humility or gratitude by underplaying the
change that recovery has brought to our lives. True, we do injustice to
the program when we take the credit for this miracle ourselves. But we
do an equal injustice – to ourselves and to those we share with – when
we don’t acknowledge this miracle’s magnitude.
We do recover. If we have trouble seeing the miracle of recovery, we’d
better look again. Recovery is alive and at work in Alcoholics Anonymous
– in our old timers, in the newcomers flooding our meetings, and most of
all in ourselves. All we have to do is open our eyes.
AA meets weekly at:
Alcoholics Anonymous meetings meet weekly at:
* Sunday: AA - Catholic Church Monduli, 4pm (Swahili).
• Sunday: AA - Arusha Community Church, 9am (English).
• Monday: AA - Catholic Church Monduli, 3:30pm (Swahili).
• Monday: NA - Arusha Community Church, 5pm (Swahili)
• Tuesday: AA - Arusha Community Church, 1pm & 5pm (English).
• Wednesday: AA - Catholic Church Monduli, 3:30pm (Swahili).
• Thursday: AA - Arusha Community Church, 1pm (English).
• Thursday: NA - Arusha Community Church, 5pm (Swahili).
• Friday: AA - Women only at ACC, 5 pm (English)
• Saturday: AA - Arusha Community Church, 10am (Swahili).
Someone will be available to speak about alcohol/drug related problems
at 4 pm at the AA Monduli Office in Monduli Roman Catholic Church or by
For further information: call John (AA) +255 754 428677, Frank (NA)
+255 755 900119 or (Jenny for Women’s AA meeting at +255 765 851011) Or
E-mail: email@example.com Or firstname.lastname@example.org